Yoga is a great way to relax and unwind, letting go of any stress that you may be holding onto. It engages your body, your mind, and your soul, and often engages all of the senses except for the sense of smell. This unique workshop incorporates the beautiful aromas of certified pure therapeutic essential oils into the yoga class so no part of your body feels left out! The essential oils will leave you smelling divine, but their therapeutic qualities may also assist you in achieving balance within your body.
What are the potential benefits?
- Learn how to heal common illnesses naturally
- Learn how to safely use essential oils
- Invigorate your senses
- Balance your body and mind
- Reignite your energy
- Improve your physical and mental health
- Relax and reduce stress
What does the workshop include?
- A 45 minute yoga class with essential oils
- Demonstrations of how to use therapeutic essentials oils
- Sampling of the divinely smelling oils
- Q & A on healing common illnesses with essential oils
- A FREE essential oil to take home with you!!!!
What type of yoga class is it?
This is a gentle hatha flow class that is suitable for beginner and experienced yoginis. It incorporates some sun salutations, standing poses, seated poses, and ends with a nice savasana.
What kind of Essential Oils are Used?
All of the essential oils used in the class are Certified Pure Therapeutic oils which means they are the highest quality oils on the market and are triple-tested to ensure they are natural and do not contain any synthetic materials. Due to their high quality they offer therapeutic benefits to assist in a host of physical and psychological ailments ranging from stress, anxiety, digestive upset, to long-term illnesses and cancer.
Who should come to the workshop?
Everyone is welcome to join the workshop if they are interested in incorporating essential oils with a gentle and fun class. However, individuals who are pregnant or suffer from severe allergies are not advised to participate, but you are welcome to come and watch if you prefer not to use the oils!.
Saturday, February 1, 2014 (Muskoka)
Location: Pura Vida Soul Institute located at 1022 Baseline Rd, Severn Bridge, ON P0E 1N0 (15 minutes north of Orillia near Gravenhurst).
Cost: $25 (+ HST).
How do I register?
Pre-registration is required for this workshop so we can ensure there are enough oils for all participants in the yoga class.
Please register a minimum of 3 days prior to the workshop.
Simply register by clicking on your desired class below. If you have any troubles registering online, simply send Jennifer an email at email@example.com and let her know you’d like to register!
No, you will be provided with a small bottle of the oils to be used in the class as part of your tuition. However, we do offer essential oils for purchase should you wish to have your own kit for personal use.
We also offer an Essential Oil Starter Kit if you wish to have your own personal set of oils to use in class, at home, at work, or at the gym! It includes 8 of the most commonly used essential oils in a convenient keychain so you will always have them with you when you need them!
Are there any safety precautions for Use of Essential Oils?
When participating in the Smelly Yogaroma classes or when using essential oils for your personal health care, please keep the following safety instructions in mind.
- Never apply essential oils on or near the eyes. The oils may sting or burn if you do. If you do happen to get oils near your eyes, you should always apply vegetable oil to neutralize the effects of the oil. Never use water as they can increase the intensity of the oils effects.
- Use vegetable oil to neutralize adverse reactions. If you experience any burning or heat after applying an oil topically to the skin, immediately apply vegetable oil to neutralize the effects of the oil. You can prevent such reactions by diluting the oils prior to applying them to the skin in coconut or almond oil.
- Leave the room if you experience headache or nausea from the oils. Given the high quality of the oils used and their therapeutic qualities, some of them may feel overwhelming. This may be particularly true if you are suffering from an illness or have a high level of toxicity in the body. Always feel free to take a break and get some fresh air.
- Never store oils in plastic. The oils are quite strong and some can break down plastic over time. Preserve the integrity of your oils by always storing them in dark-coloured glass containers.
- Protect your skin from sunlight. Some oils may increase your skin sensitivity to sunlight if applied topically, especially in the case of citrus-based oils. If applying such oils please take care and avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or tanning booths afterwards.