Teaching others (whether children, teenagers, or adults) can be both a blessing and a curse. When learners are engaged and willing to learn it can be an absolute pleasure to teach, but when learners are struggling or exhibiting difficult behaviors it can often push educators to exhaustion, questioning their own capabilities, and dampening their joy for teaching. Educator coaching is a unique service where educators can speak directly with a coach who is an educator and doctoral student exploring the challenges of teaching to discuss their challenges, look at their situation from different perspectives, and develop new approaches or strategies to manage their stress and the challenges they are facing when teaching.
What to Expect
- Private and confidential one-on-one discussions with an experienced educator
- A discussion of your current challenge(s) and what may be causing them
- Creative and reflective exercises to complete independently
- Action steps after each session that can be implemented immediately
- Honest, direct, and empathetic support
- A focus on positive development and growth
- In-person, phone, or Skype sessions available
- Initial Session (1.5 hours): $115
- Hourly Sessions: $85
- 5-Session Package: $350
Coach – Jennifer Kavanagh
Jennifer has been an adult educator for more than seven years working in both academic institutions and private organizations. She is a doctoral student with Walden University and a Transpersonal Consultant, who has focused her career and research on understanding the dark side of education. Jennifer has direct experience with stress and burnout when teaching through challenging situations with learners, colleagues, and family. She draws on her research and knowledge as an educator, researcher, and student and offers a gentle, intuitive, and creative approach to all coaching sessions. Contact Jennifer directly at Jennifer.Kavanagh@PuraVidaSoulinstitute.com to learn more about her approach to coaching.
Please fill out the form below to request more information or to set up an initial session with Jennifer