Pura Vida Soul Institute is a small independent business located in Severn Bridge, Ontario approximately 15 minutes between Orillia and Gravenhurst.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions. Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter expressing their interest in these positions to info@PuraVidaSoulinstitute.com. Those accepted for an interview will be contacted directly.
All of our team members receive the following benefits in exchange for their services:
- Free yoga classes
- Coaching & Mentoring (as desired)
- Membership in our healing community
We are looking for qualified, creative, and compassionate yoga instructors for our studio on a weekly and sub-basis. Our yoga instructors must:
– Be an RYT200 with Yoga Alliance
– Have current First Aid and CPR training
– Be committed to the art of teaching yoga
– Be willing to teach in a hot studio (up to 95 degrees farenheit). Training will be provided if needed
– Be willing to sign clients into class and process sales (training will be provided)
Teachers are paid per class. Please send us a resume and cover letter expressing your interest. Selected candidates will be asked to complimentary teach a demo class as part of the interview process.
Instructors must be available to teach a minimum of 2 classes per month in order to be eligible to receive free yoga classes in the studio.
Childcare & Facilities Assistant (Casual Part-time)
We are looking for a gentle, kind, and friendly Childcare & Facilities Assistant at our small family-run business in Severn Bridge. Our business serves clients all across Ontario that are seeking a place of refuge, quiet, and peace in their otherwise busy lives so it is important that we maintain a calm atmosphere in all that we do.
The Childcare & Facilities Assistant is an integral part to the success of our programs and services. This position is involved in ensuring our programs and retreats run smoothly for our guests by assisting with the setup, maintenance, and cleaning of public spaces and outdoor cabins; assisting with light preparation, serving, and cleanup of meals; greeting and checking in guests; completing small retail sales for guests; and assisting with childcare for up to 2 young children onsite.
- Preparing 4 outdoor cabins for guests by making beds, sweeping floors & decks, and checking supplies.
- Cleaning 4 outdoor cabins after guests depart by taking linens off beds, emptying garbage, and assisting with other cleaning as required.
- Washing, drying, and folding laundry using conventional washer and dryer
- Checking in guests upon arrival, giving them a short tour, and answering questions about our accommodations
- Preparing and replenishing coffee, tea, water, and snacks
- Setting meal tables for up to 15 guests, serving buffet-style meals, and replenishing food as necessary through the meal.
- Cleaning meal area after meals by collecting used dishes, food, and any garbage in an efficient and quiet manner
- Assisting with the cleaning of dishes after meals
- Caring for 2 young children as needed by playing with children, feeding prepared meals, changing diapers, and keeping them safe.
- Assisting with administrative tasks for the business as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional, friendly, and approachable demeanor
- Ability to work quickly and quietly so as not to disturb guests
- Comfortable working with food and laundry
- Experience working with children
- Reliable and dedicated work ethic
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Must have own reliable transportation to and from work
- First Aid and CPR Certified a plus
- Smart Serve Training a plus
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Students are welcome to apply
Hours of Work
This position is casual part-time ranging from 0-30 hours per week. Schedules may vary weekly based on programs and guests we are serving, however a schedule will be provided in advance.
The successful candidate must be able to work Mondays and Fridays, along with every other Saturday through the summer. Additional days through the week will be required and discussed as needed.
Length of Service
This position will begin in May and last until September, with the potential for continued support through the winter months for the right candidate.
- 4% Vacation Time
- Unlimited yoga pass to our classes during employment
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to info@PuraVidaSoulinstitute.com to apply for this position. No phone calls please. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.